Sunday, October 2, 2016

Random classical CDs I used to own

I guess I just wanted some memento since these CDs weren't even mine they were my dads.
My dad was always a fan of being a bit of a sophist. He used to sit me my brother and my sister down to talk about philosophy, life, religion and other random things like how to meditate and listen to classical music. My mom also apparently used to listen to classical music when she was pregnant with me and my siblings. I was never really a fan of classical music, but I think that part of my dad did rub on me that I wish I was a sophist as well. When I saw the old stack of CDs I thought I should at least give it one last listen before throwing it out. I'll see if the library wants it before throwing them out.

Callas A Paris

I always get amazed at classical singer's voice. The loud booming volume with precise control of vibrato makes me admire the singer.
One thing is definite though. Her singing is not great to read to haha I've been trying to read this book whilst having this as a back ground, but her singing is pretty distracting.

Richard Wagner -  Ouverturen

To an untrained ears like mine, this album was just a 'typical classical music'. It was much better than the other CD to read to but that was about it.

W A Mozart - Seine Schönsten Konzerte 

It's a bit embarrassing how the only classical music composers I know of are Mozart, Beethoven and Bach. I know there are a countless number of famous and brilliant composers, but I can only remember those 3 from childhood and even if I know their names if you gave me a song of any of theirs to listen to, I wouldn't have a clue who composed it unless it's a very famous piece of theirs.
Listening to this little album again tingles all my hoarder vibes. I kept it all these years and even though I've never listen to it in most of those years I kept this, I feel strangely connected to it and I want to keep it. It just reminds me of my dad and his music he used to listen to. Luckily it's the day and age of internet and I should learn to let go of things like this and keep everything digitally. Not to mention how there're tonnes of youtube videos featuring Mozart or any other classical music.
Just a note to my future self, I think my favourite music out of all is Andantino

Wind Isotonic Sound

Great meditation music. So relaxing. I can't really explain it much else than that. It's strange because I find these type of music more relaxing than any classical music. It probably would've been better if it was played with a piano rather than... whatever it uses? I think it uses a harp as its main background, but I wouldn't have a clue.

I have loads more CD but I think I might have to do a part 2 haha

No comments:

Post a Comment