Monday, September 19, 2016

Blind 2007 Movie review


Plot from Wikipedia
"Ruben (Joren Seldeslachts) is a lone and unbalanced young man who lost his sight in childhood. Marie (Halina Reijn) is an albino woman of temperate look and with a lot of insecurities. She has a beautiful voice and along with Ruben shares a mutual love for books and tales. Ruben's mother hires her as a reader to read her son books orally. While they live in a mansion, between these two lonely souls sparks love, but will love still be blind if the man recovers from his blindness?"

I don't often watch foreign movies. Most of the time I find international film festival movies very awkward and hard to relate to since Europe has a different culture to mine. Not to mention how some of them have really visual sex scene that I'm not comfortable watching in a movie.
I found out about this movie in a joke website. I don't remember which one, but it was a site like 9gag or damnlol and it was one of those posts where it showed a clip of the movie to say how romantic it was. I saw the movie and I loved it.

I guess I'm just a sucker for romance and I've always liked the introverted sort of heroine since it resonates with me more. There was a nice build up of tension and that's always to be enjoyed.

I'm not really good at explaining things.

No comments:

Post a Comment