Sunday, September 4, 2016

Aquaman 1960s cartoon review


haha oh boy, I didn't laugh so much in some time. I watched this with my friend which made it even funnier because of the commentaries we've made.
I've only seen the first episode, but I thought I might just write a quick review on it because I thought it was funny. 

Man, it was just one of those things where the olden days innocence are now just so ridiculous and weird. The characters are plainly built with very firm American sort of values. I don't even know what 'American values' are, but when I saw the blond haired protagonist aquaman, I just thought, it's just the word that came to mind.

The only episode I've watched was called Menace of the Black Manta and The Rampaging Reptile Men.
I don't think they were being deliberate (I mean, they might have?) but Black Manta just... made me think they were hinting at 'Black Man.....ta'. The evil reptiles as well... seemed like... they were trying to show some stereotypical Chinese men with their whisker moustache and their weird accent. I didn't care about the hint of racism but it was just funny as hell.

I have to say, growing up made me quite... dirty minded. There were just way too many moments where I just thought it had some strange sexual innuendos which probably wasn't intended.
Here are some examples,

Aquaman gets caught by pink seaweed

This one wasn't dirty, but I don't know... it was still funny.

That one scene where Aquaman says playfully "Alright clam... Open up."

And lots and lots of speedos.

Anyway, it was fun haha


No comments:

Post a Comment